Saturday, March 7, 2009

Lynn E. Hazen Visits MOCHA: The Museum of Children's Art



Today I visited MOCHA, the Museum of Children's Art in Oakland to participate in their Saturday Stories. It's a friendly place, full of children and families, wonderful artwork and a great creative vibe. The walls are covered with beautiful children's art. Take a look.



I read Buzz Bumble to the Rescue aloud. I showed a bit of Cinder Rabbit (and my other books, too).


The kids joined me in dancing the Bunny Hop, then we moved on to art projects!
This cool bunny garden pic was already on the wall. Beautiful, don't you think?



The children made bunny ears,

bee antennae headbands,


paper venus fly traps, and their own unique creations.




I had a lot of fun.


I had to take a photo of this cool paper mache dino whose legs looked like they were made from toilet paper rolls. Now that I look at the dino, maybe the shape of its body under the paper mache is a plastic spray bottle perhaps? I'll have to ask the MOCHA folks.



This colorful button & jewel-covered clock at MOCHA should remind us all to set our clocks forward one hour tonight! Cool clock, don't you think? Too bad it means one less hour of sleep.



This bunny's expression shows how I feel about "springing forward" and losing an hour of sleep.



Forecast: I guess if I were smart, I'd go to snooze an hour early? Good-night!

No comments: